Junior Freshman (1st year)
In the first year you will take a mixture of modules in Ancient History, Art History and Medieval History, dividing your time equally between the three disciplines. The modules introduce you to a wide range of material and different disciplinary perspectives.
The core modules are:
- CL1003 Introduction to Greek and Roman History
- CL1210 Greek and Roman Art and Architecture
- HI1200 Europe 1000-1250: War and Society in the Age of the Crusades
- HI1215 Europe 1215-1517
- HI1217 Early Christian Ireland, c. 400-1000
- HA1006 Introduction to the Practice of Art History
- HA1010 Introduction to the History of European Art and Architecture
Students, who wish to study Latin either at beginner or advanced level, may substitute the courses in Greek and Roman History and Greek and Roman Art and Architecture for language courses.